Monday, 17 July 2017

Scrap The Girls July Challenge

I absolutely love the deep, brooding mood board for this 
month's Scrap The Girls challenge



Navy blue is one of my very favourite colours to scrap with, but having said that, my layout that was inspired by this mood board went off on a totally different direction than where I started!

I was drawn immediately to the black and white horizontal stripes, and I also took inspiration from the dark blues and Kraft colours in the top image, as well as the feathers.

So here' a look at my layout

 
I've used some Dusty Attic chipboard feathers which I coloured with Colour Blast Colour Spray and Dina Wakley paint. I've also added some white acetate feathers.



I've also used a flair and tabs from Flutterby Designs, a heart from Charm's Creations and some resin flowers.

Another inspiration for my page is the work of  Scrap The Girls DT member Tammy Klingner, I really admire the way she mixes patterns and colour.

 


5 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel, your layout looks like the moodboard! How did you do that? I love it. Thanks for joining us at STG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how colorful this page is! awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rachel, I'm so blown away by your page and that I inspire you, because truth be known, you actually inspire me!! Thanks so much for mentioning me, I feel very special. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your layout and how you put your feathers! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete