Friday, 22 September 2017

More Than Words September challenge

This month's challenge at More Than Words is using one of my
favourite techniques - GRUNGE!!
 
I love getting messy in my art - that's half the fun!


The other criteria for the challenge is to use the word 'FEARLESS'.

I love creating grungy masculine pages, but for this challenge I decided to do something a bit different and create some girl grunge!!







To create my grungy background I made some prints using my gel plate. I really love how the plate creates a distressed print. 
I then ripped up those pages, added some stamping, stencilling and splatters of gesso.



I matted my photo with some glitter foam and hessian
to add some different textures.



I used embellishments from D-lish Scraps,
Kit The Habit and The Resin Rainbow.
I also added some Tim Holtz quote stickers. 


I added some thread, a Charm's Creations arrow and a flair from Flutterby Designs for some more texture. 


6 comments:

  1. Oh I love your girly grunge! The way you've made your bg paper is awesome too! So glad you could join us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !! Love the vibrant colors and embellishments !!Thank for playing with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girly and Grunge... who knew that they would go along so well! Love it! Thank you for playing along with More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on our challenge this month!! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout !! I love it !! Thank you for playing at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete